Home / Personal / Cards / Dream Vacation Sweepstakes / Dream Vacation Sweepstakes Rules
DFCU DREAM VACATION SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of DFCU Financial (“Sponsor” or “DFCU”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The DFCU Dream Vacation Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) begins on 4/1/2023 at 12:00 AM [midnight] Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 4/30/2023 at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”).
DFCU Financial, 400 Town Center Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who live in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula†) who, as of 4/1/2023, are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and have a personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Account and/or a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
linked to their DFCU personal checking account.**
Please note: As applicable, personal checking accounts, as noted above in ‘Eligibility’, MUST be open for the duration of the Promotion Period as well as at the time of the random drawing/winner notification.
†Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is comprised of the following counties: Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft.
**For joint personal DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
Accounts or joint personal checking accounts where a DFCU Debit Mastercard®
Card has been issued to more than one (1) person, only the primary account holder (as per Sponsor’s records) will be considered the Entrant.
Promotion is offered only in Michigan (excluding Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, as defined above.) Promotion is void outside the aforementioned area and where prohibited. Promotion is also void in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win the prize in the Promotion:
Agreement to the Official Rules:
- Employees, directors, and officers of Sponsor, Mastercard® International Incorporated, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities or any entity involved in the development, production, or implementation of the Promotion, including prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children, and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not.
By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How To Enter:
During the Promotion Period, for each qualifying purchase transaction made using your DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
and/or your DFCU Debit Mastercard®
(whether made via the Credit or Debit option), you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Restrictions on Debit/Credit Entry:
The following transactions are not “qualifying” and therefore will not result in Entry :
**But, if the DFCU Debit Mastercard® purchase transaction is otherwise “qualifying,” the purchase transaction will still result in Entry.
- If Card is used to obtain cash via ATM or from a retailer when making purchase transaction** (for DFCU Debit Mastercard®) or for cash advance (for DFCU Platinum Mastercard®).
If using DFCU Platinum Mastercard®
, the following transactions are also not “qualifying” and will not result in Entry:
- Use of DFCU Platinum Mastercard® to pay balances on Entrant’s other Credit Cards; or
How To Enter Without Purchase:
To receive one (1) Entry into the Promotion without a purchase:
- The transfer of balances from Entrant’s other Credit Cards to his/her DFCU Platinum Mastercard®.
- Print your full name, complete address, daytime telephone number, date of birth, email address, the last three (3) digits of your DFCU Platinum Mastercard® or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, the year in which DFCU issued the corresponding Card to you on a 3” x 5” card;
- Mail the 3” x 5” card in a business-size (#10) envelope to DFCU Financial, P.O. Box 6048, Dearborn, MI 48121.
- Entries must be postmarked by 5/1/2023 and received by 5/8/2023.
Random Drawing, Winner Notification:
- If copied or mechanically reproduced, 3” x 5” card submission will not result in receipt of Entry. Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted separately in its own business-size envelope to result in receipt of Entry; if more than one (1) 3” x 5” card is submitted in the same envelope, all 3” x 5” cards contained therein are void and no Entries will be received in conjunction therewith.
Prize/Approximate Retail Value (ARV):
ONE (1) PRIZE:
- The potential winner will be selected randomly from among all eligible Entries received.
- Odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization, on or about 5/11/2023.
- Potential prize winner will be contacted by the Administrator by email or phone (in Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of notification.
- If potential prize winner fails to timely execute and return the Affidavit/Release, if potential prize winner is ineligible to receive the prize or the potential prize winner cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, such prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries received for the random drawing.
Winner’s choice of ONE (1)
of the following trips:
- Colorado Ski Vacation
- Arizona Golf Vacation
- Wild West Adventure Vacation in Wyoming/Montana
- Eastern Caribbean Cruise
- Orlando Theme Park Vacation
Sponsor’s designated travel agent will curate a trip based on winner’s selection with a maximum budget of $15,000. Winner may select air travel/flight itinerary, hotel and/or other lodging and activities from among available options provided by designated travel agent as well as number of guests accompanying him/her on trip, all within the maximum budget of $15,000. However, in no event may winner modify the above-indicated destination/theme of a given trip; for example, for trip option (d), winner cannot substitute another destination for the Eastern Caribbean or another mode of transportation for cruise and, for trip option (e), winner cannot substitute another destination with theme parks for Orlando, Florida or go to Orlando without visiting theme parks.
If final budget of curated trip is less than $15,000, winner will NOT
receive the difference in value.
All trips include roundtrip coach air travel from major commercial airport near winner’s residence to destination city (as further defined below) and a gift card (issuer to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; subject to issuer’s terms and conditions; actual value of gift card will depend on other elements of curated trip but will be no less than $500 and no more than $1,000)
All trips (including air travel/flight itinerary, hotel/lodging, and activities) are offered subject to availability (including seasonal availability), blackout/holiday dates, advanced notice requirements and various other restrictions. All trips must be completed by December 31, 2023.
Sample itineraries appear below; such itineraries are provided for purposes of illustration only.
Additional Prize Restrictions:
- Colorado Ski Vacation: Trip is for 8 days/7 nights to Vail, Colorado and includes: hotel accommodations; ground transportation between airport and hotel in Vail; equipment (ski or snowboard) rental; lift tickets for 5 days (subject to terms and conditions of issuer). Suggested travel period is October – December.
- Arizona Golf Vacation: Trip is for 8 days/7 nights to Phoenix and includes hotel accommodations; ground transportation between airport and hotel; 18-holes of golf on top-rated Phoenix/Scottsdale golf courses for 4 days; winner’s choice of spa services OR hot air balloon ride with champagne brunch. Suggested travel period is August– October.
- Wild West Adventure Vacation: Trip is a tour of Yellowstone National Park and Big Sky Country for winner and one (1) guest for 6 days/5 nights. Trip includes hotel accommodations, necessary and appropriate equipment for hiking, cycling, horseback riding and rafting, as well as services of professional guides and payment of applicable National Park entry fees. Suggested travel period is June – September.
- Eastern Caribbean Cruise: Trip is a 7-day cruise of the Eastern Caribbean departing from Miami, Florida with ports of call in Roatán, Honduras; Costa Maya, Mexico; Cozumel, Mexico. Trip includes overnight hotel stay in Miami prior to cruise departure. Cruise is all-inclusive, subject to restrictions of carrier. Suggested travel period is June – September.
- Orlando Theme Park Vacation: Trip is for 5 days/4 nights to Orlando, Florida and includes: hotel accommodations; ground transportation between airport and hotel in Orlando; admission to theme parks (1 theme park per day of stay).
CERTAIN TRIP OPTIONS MAY INCLUDE ACTIVITIES WITH AN INHERENT RISK OF DANGER. FOR EXAMPLE, SKIIING/SNOWBOARDING IN TRIP OPTION “A” AND HIKING, CYCLING, HORSEBACK RIDING AND RAFTING IN TRIP OPTION “C.” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BY ENGAGING IN SUCH ACTIVITIES, THE WINNER OR GUEST[S] (IF GUEST IS A MINOR, HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) EXPRESSLY ASSUMES ANY AND ALL RISK OF INJURY, DISMEMBERMENT OR EVEN DEATH PRIOR TO DOING SO AND RELEASES, INDMENIFIES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR FROM ANY SUCH INJURY, DISMEMBERMENT, DEATH OR OTHER LIABILITY OF ANY KIND IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR HAVE NOT OBTAINED ANY INSURANCE IN CONJUNCTION WITH PARTICIPATION OF WINNER AND GUEST(S) IN SUCH ACTIVITIES.
In all cases where winner is accompanied by guest(s), winner and guest(s) must travel together on same itinerary.
Should a trip option include meals, available food and beverage options will be determined by the applicable prize supplier (e.g., cruise line, for trip option “d”), and, as such, may not be acceptable to winner and/or guest(s) due to dietary restrictions or taste/preference. Winner and guest(s) are solely responsible for contacting prize supplier so as to make any necessary and appropriate arrangements as to food/beverage service. In all cases, Sponsor disclaims any and all liability in conjunction with food and beverage service.
FOR CERTAIN TRIP OPTIONS (E.G., TRIP OPTIONS “C” AND “D”), ALCOHOL BEVERAGES MAY BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. SHOULD WINNER OR HIS/HER GUEST(S) – PROVIDED THAT THEY ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER -- CHOOSE TO PARTAKE IN ALCOHOL BEVERAGES, WINNER/GUEST DOES SO ENTIRELY AT HIS OR HER OWN RISK, AND ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ADVERSE CONSEQUENCES RESULTING THEREFROM. IN ALL CASES, RECEIPT OF ALCOHOL BEVERAGES IS MADE CONTINGENT UPON THE WINNER AND GUEST(S) PROVIDING THE ALCOHOL BEVERAGE SERVER WITH VALID, GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION ESTABLISHING THAT HE/SHE IS OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE AS WELL AS THE ALCOHOL BEVERAGE SERVER’S DETERMINATION IN HIS/HER INDEPENDENT, PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT THAT THE WINNER/GUEST HAS NOT ALREADY CONSUMED TOO GREAT A QUANTITY OF ALCOHOL SO AS TO POSE A DANGER OR THREAT TO HIM/HERSELF OR OTHER PERSONS AND/OR THEIR PROPERTY. SHOULD ALCOHOL BEVERAGE SERVER DETERMINE IN HIS/HER INDEPENDENT, PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT THAT IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE OR PRUDENT TO SERVE ALCOHOL BEVERAGES TO WINNER OR GUEST BECAUSE OF INVALID IDENTIFICATION FURNISHED BY WINNER/GUEST, PREVIOUS ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION BY WINNER/GUEST OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON (E.G., BELLIGERENT, AGGRESSIVE OR ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR BY WINNER/GUEST) OR IF WINNER/GUEST ATTEMPTS TO PROVIDE ALCOHOL BEVERAGES TO ANOTHER PERSON WHO IS NOT OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE, NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR THE ALCOHOL BEVERAGE SERVER SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILTY TO WINNER/GUEST AS TO SAME; AND, IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCE, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (AS WELL AS ALCOHOL BEVERAGE SERVER) MAY TAKE ANY AND ALL NECESSARY AND APPROPRIATE ACTIONS SO AS TO PROTECT THEIR RESPECTIVE LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING CONTACTING SECURITY PERSONNEL AND/OR THE POLICE.
Winner and guest(s) must act in an appropriate manner in conjunction with prize acceptance/use. Further, winner and guest(s) must at all times fully comply with any and all health laws (for trip option “d” including those of Honduras and Mexico) and applicable prize supplier’s own health requirements, so as to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus, including wearing a facial covering, taking a COVID-19/Coronavirus test which yields a negative result and/or providing satisfactory proof of vaccination, if and as applicable. Should winner and/or guest(s) fail to comply with the foregoing (with regard to health laws and prize supplier health requirements, to the extent applicable), Sponsor or applicable prize supplier each reserve the right to immediately terminate the prize for winner and/or guest(s), in which case Sponsor shall not have any liability to winner or guest (as applicable) under any legal theory.
For trip option (d), a valid passport is required to enter Honduras and Mexico and obtaining same is the sole responsibility of winner and guest(s). WINNER AND GUESTS FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TRAVEL TO THESE AREAS IS DANGEROUS AND THE U.S STATE DEPARTMENT HAS ENCOURAGED PERSONS TO “RECONSIDER TRAVEL” DUE TO CRIME AND KIDNAPPING. IF WINNER/GUEST IS NOT COMFORTABLE IN TRAVELING TO HONDURAS AND/OR MEXICO, HIS/HER SOLE RECOURSE IS NOT TO SELECT THIS TRIP OPTION.
Winner’s guest(s) – if any -- must complete, sign and return a liability release and publicity release prior to prize travel. If guest is a minor (i.e., under 18 years of age), the liability release and publicity release must be signed by the minor guest’s parent or legal guardian. In all cases, a minor guest must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian on the trip either as the winner him/herself or another guest of the winner.
No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability (in whole or in part) for any reason and only then for prize/prize element of equal or greater value. “Prize unavailability” includes but is not limited to certain activities comprising a trip option being cancelled, modified, suspended or truncated, due to events beyond the control of Sponsor and/or prize supplier as determined in their sole discretion; e.g., inclement weather, strike, materials shortage or pandemic/epidemic. Winner cannot transfer prize. Prize cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash (except for gift card portion of same, to the extent permitted by applicable law). Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting value of prize and he/she agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor and Administrator as to Sponsor’s compliance with all applicable government-tax reporting requirements, including by providing his/her Social Security Number. All expenses and costs related to acceptance and use of prize not expressly listed above are entirely the winner’s sole responsibility. No award points or “perks” will be provided in conjunction with hotel stay element of prize. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use, as applicable, Entrant’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without prize, incentive, consideration, consent, or review; and upon request, Entrant will provide written consent to such use.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- By participating, Entrants (a) release Promotion Entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents and employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize; and (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize.
- Neither Released Parties nor any service providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Entrants while participating in the Promotion, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information (for Mail Entry), incorrect/inaccurate recording of purchase transactions made using DFCU Platinum Mastercard® and/or DFCU Debit Mastercard®, as applicable (or failure to record such purchase transactions altogether), or for any human or other error, lost data, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, damaged, misdirected Entries or postage due mail.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TAMPERING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ENGAGING IN “SHAM” TRANSACTIONS (NOT REAL, BONA FIDE TRANSACTIONS IN THE NORMAL COURSE OF BUSINESS) SO AS TO ILLICITLY ATTEMPT TO RECEIVE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, or corrupted are void. Sponsor and Administrator are not liable or responsible for late, invalid, or misdirected Entries, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures, or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. In the event of any cancellation, termination, or suspension, notice thereof will be posted on the DFCU Financial Website (http://www.dfcufinancial.com) and the selection of the winner will be made in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- These Official Rules and the Promotion shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.)
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winner’s list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘DFCU DREAM VACATION SWEEPSTAKES’, PO BOX 2828, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winner’s list must be received by 5/3/2023.